Writer Application and Interview
Position: Web Content Writer Remote Position Nigeria
This is a remote position with the option to work in Enugu office location.
We’re looking for a high-level content writer that can write in-depth long-form content. This job involves regularly performing intensive topic research, creating well-written and genuinely helpful content, formatting and editing articles properly, and the ability to write according to specific requirements for each project.
An excellent content writer is able to make efficient use of their time researching topics, writing drafts, creating an outline, writing an article, citing sources, and giving blog content a final round of edits before handing it off to our in-house editor for a final review. They should also be familiar with some SEO best practices like interlinking, research tools, and other common article writing techniques.
Whether you are an aspiring scribe or a knee-deep in the trenches of content creator, we have a place for you. We’re hiring writers who are excellent at grammar and sentences and on-point with punctuation, but, more importantly, in addition to these, we want you if you are passionate about writing.
At this time we can only accept writers in Nigeria
We are not accepting any applications for those who are looking to promote products.
- Produce high-quality and engaging content in line with the company’s in-house style guide.
- Perfect writing skills; narration and good grammar.
- Must be a self-driven individual with a strong desire to constantly learn, adapt and work under minimal supervision.
- Considerable experience in journalism and web content writing.
- Reliable and communicative
- Ability to thoroughly research on a given topic and write expertly on just about anything
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong vocabulary and English proficiency
- A portfolio of web content you’ve authored (published or unpublished) is a big plus
- College-educated (BA/BSc/MS in English, Mass Communication, Journalism, or English Literature will be an advantage)
- Tech-savvy and comfortable with working from home (good internet connection and a laptop, minimum Intel Core i3)
- Fast typist (40+ words per minute recommended)
- A great working history on platforms like Upwork and Freelancer would be a plus!
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home or anywhere in the world
- Room for advancement
- 100% of our team members are awesome and fun to work with
- Comfortable working environment, if you prefer to work from office
- Opportunity to learn and grow personally and professionally.
THIS JOB IS FOR KEYWORD BASED ARTICLE WRITERS ONLY (NOT NEWS, CREATIVE, OR ACADEMIC WRITERS)
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN’T SUBMIT AT LEAST 15 ARTICLES OR 15,000 WORDS PER MONTH!!!
Please note that we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to plagiarism.
Our contract will be terminated immediately if
YOU HAVE POOR GRAMMAR
YOU DO NOT ADHERE TO INSTRUCTIONS
If you’ll like know how much the article pays beforehand, so you’ll be able to decide if it’s right for you.
We use a zonal counting system that pays between ₦3,000 to ₦16,500 per article. The zonal system is as follows:
1,000 words: ₦3,000 – ₦3,300
2,000 words: ₦6,000 – ₦6,600
3,000 words: ₦9,000 – ₦9,900
4,000 words: ₦12,000 – ₦13,200
5,000 words+: ₦15,000 – ₦16,500
1000-word articles pay ₦3,000 or ₦3,300 and take around an hour or two to write (depending on speed and skill). 45 x (1,000 words) articles in any given month pays ₦148,500 as we multiply by ₦3,300 once it gets to 45 in a month. The work is there, ready to be done.
Sound like something you’d enjoy?
Click the link at the end of this post and take the following steps
Step 1… Personal Information
Step 2… Additional Information
Step 3… Written test (350 words)
We hire all of our writers to start on probation working on post titles that will be sent to you on this platform as a paid contributor, and if our expectations are met, post titles with their respective instructions will be made available to you directly on the websites where they’ll be published on a more permanent basisApply For This Position